What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy is a safe and well-tolerated procedure using amino acid sequences to signal cells to regulate and rejuvenate functions of the human body. These short chains of amino acids are linked together to create small proteins which can act as signaling molecules. They bind to receptors on the cell surface and tell other cells what to do.
Peptides have the potential to be highly specific and can reprogram body chemistry, ultimately restoring cells to their healthy state. Peptide therapy can be used in the treatment of injuries, with the capability to help slow the aging process, prevent illness, and boost peak performance.
Because there are so many different classes of peptides, their effects have wide-ranging capabilities. One type of these peptides is known to cause the secretion of one’s own, natural hGH in the body. These peptides have been shown to be very helpful in the treatment of obesity, osteoporosis, many chronic inflammatory diseases and other age-related illnesses.
Benefits of Peptide Therapy can include:
- Increased levels of energy, stamina and strength
- Reduced body fat
- Increased lean muscle growth
- Decrease in joint and muscle pain
- Deeper, more restful sleep
- Increased sex drive
- Strengthened immune system
- Increased skin elasticity and a decrease in wrinkles
- Increase in mental function
- Increased bone density
- Accelerated healing from wounds
- Fuller hair and improved nail growth
Some of the more popular peptides that are used in anti-aging and regenerative medicine are:
- Follistatin: Increases lean muscle mass and decreases in fat tissue.
- AOD + HA: Helps repair cartilage in any intra-articular space.
- PT 141: Works to stimulate sexual arousal for both men and women.
- Thymosin Alpha-1: Reduces inflammation associated with chronic diseases, excellent immune modulator.
- Cerebrolysin: Powerful brain activator, helps to prevent and alleviate the symptoms of neurodegenerative disease.
- BPC-157: Reduces inflammation in the gut often associated with leaky gut syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Epitalon: Encourages healthy sleep cycles and makes sure that cortisol and other stress hormones are not elevated throughout the day, reducing excess abdominal weight gain.
A Note from Dr. Garcia
“The use of peptides as a treatment option for patients has grown in popularity, because issues that are of concern for a patient can be focused upon with the specific, proper peptide. Using peptides to assist the natural physiologic infrastructure of a patient gives us new options to help our patients.
The peptides we offer are recognized for being focused on their targeted ailments. They are both selective and effective.
Peptides are also well tolerated by patients. The peptide therapy is initiated in the office, then continues at home with the patient administering the peptides themselves via intradermal injection.”
Dr. Garcia has begun offering peptide therapy for individuals that may benefit from this growing treatment option. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment to see if peptide therapy is the right choice for you.